Anderson Center Facts:
- The Anderson Center is the largest artist community in the Upper Midwest.
- The Anderson Center is one of 350 artist communities worldwide.
- Since 1995, when the Anderson Center opened, over 700 artists, writers, and scholars have participated in the summer residency program.
- They have represented 38 different disciplines and have come from 45 states and more than 40 countries.
- Anderson Center residents annually visit over 15 schools, civic organizations, senior centers and other arts institutions in the five-county area.
- Since 1995, over 37,000 people, from primary school children to senior citizens, have benefited from resident community presentations.
- The work of more than 220 emerging and established artists and writers is annually exhibited or published by the Anderson Center.
- Over 6,000 people a year attend Anderson Center art shows, exhibitions, celebrations, and other events.
- The Anderson Center's permanent art collection is one of the finest in rural Minnesota, with works by Picasso, Chagall, Dali, and other 20th century masters.
- The Center's Sculpture Garden, with more than 30 large works, is the largest sculpture garden in rural Minnesota.
- The Anderson Center is one of 20 artist communities in the nation whose buildings are listed on the National Historic Register.